Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Final thoughts



This course has taught me a lot. Some of the more valuable and relatable items that I will be taking from this course are as follows:

VoiceThread – I’m not sure that I would have come across this had it not been for this course. I love this tool, as I did my RUP on it. I plan on using it in my Spanish classes as well. Hopefully I can even talk some of my Spanish IV students into commenting on my RUP.

TedTalks – So, I knew these existed, but even since we had to watch several for the course I have become hooked. 

Symbaloo – I will be using this on both a personal and professional level.

Curation tools – This is a useful idea that I had never come across. I plan on incorporating assignments in which I have curated resources for the students into the classroom most likely with cultural activities. 

Blogger – I loved using this, and I would love to find a way for students to use it as well. (blocked at school)

PLNs – I am encouraged to work on building my own, and I plan on using the step-by-step article to help me to accomplish that. 

Overall, although I don’t teach an online course this class was very applicable. I really enjoyed the chance to learn about incorporating technology into the classroom.

1 comment:

  1. I too had heard about Ted Talks, but I only found time to watch the few that popped up in my Newsfeed. I enjoyed listening to them, and it was definitely helpful to listen to them with a context for discussion in mind, rather than just to hear them. Also, I think I can safely predict that there will be more VoiceThread in both of our futures!

    ReplyDelete